Water & Sewer

The Coolfont Mountainside Association manages its own private water distribution and sewage treatment systems. The utility is managed as Coolfont Mountainside Association Water & Sewer (CMAWS).

All homes in Coolfont Mountainside Association are provided water by CMAWS and nearly every home is connected to the CMAWS sewage treatment system.

CMAWS falls under the WV Public Service Commission and its rates are regulated by the PSC. Owners are billed quarterly in early March, June, September, and December for the preceding quarter’s usage. Bills are based on a per gallon rate, with the minimum charge being for 4,500 gallons (each of water/sewer). Invoices are emailed to owners unless they specifically request paper billing.

For questions about water and sewer accounts, please contact the CMA Bookkeeper, Brenda Close, at (304) 258-4742 or brenda@btm.cpa. Please provide your lot number. 


Owners can use the handy link, embedded in their invoice email, to pay water and sewer bills online. You can use a credit card, debit card, or bank transfer (ACH). There are no fees to the owner (the Association pays any fees). 

Owners always have the option to mail a check or pay in person. If mailing payment, please be sure your mail is postmarked before the invoice due date to avoid late fees. 

  • By mail: Coolfont Mountainside Association, POBox 418, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411-0418
  • In person: BTM CPAs PLLC, 1680 Valley Road, Berkeley Springs, WV 25411 – Phone: 304.258.4742

Leak Adjustments

CMAWS provides relief to owners who experience a qualified leak that results in a quarterly bill exceeding double their normal usage. Requests must be made in writing to CMAWS within 30 days of the invoice date. Please review the CMAWS Leak Adjustment Policy for details (available for download, below).

Water & Sewer Information

Rate Tariffs, PSC orders, Leak Adjustment Policy, and additional information is available for download in the list below. To preview a file, click on the document title.